Frequently Asked Questions
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent makeup that will last roughly 1-2 years. Using a manual tool consisting of 7-24 microneedles, we deposit pigment into the dermal layer of the skin, to create hair-like strokes.
Microblading is great for all skin types, and touch-ups are needed every 12-18 months to retain proper color and texture. Partials and New Client Touch-Ups or Fixes are available, but pricing depends on needs; A consultation is required for all Microblading appointments.
Is Microblading painful?
Everyone has a different pain tolerance. Most guests barely feel a thing, even falling asleep; some guests find there is a pain, but it is manageable. A numbing cream (Lidocaine based), as well as a secondary anaesthetic (during the procedure), are used, but pain depends on many factors. As a rule of thumb, if you numb easily at the dentist, you will numb easily for Microblading; but if you have issues maintaining your anaesthetic, you may feel some discomfort during the Microblading procedure.
What is the cost of Microblading?
Microblading costs depend on the needs of the client. A consultation and half down is always required prior to scheduling the procedure. Partial appointments and new client touch-ups are available as well.
What do I need to do to prepare for my Microblading appointment?
Every guest MUST have a consultation prior to their procedure.
Guests should avoid the following substances for 4 weeks prior and post procedure:
- Any injectable cosmetics, IE: Botox, Juvederm, etc.
- Steroid Creams
- Retinol, Retin-A, or any Retinol derivative
- Salicylic Acid
Guests should avoid the following substances for 24 hours prior to procedure:
- Blood Thinners
- Any blood thinning or altering substances, creams or prescriptions.
Is there any downtime after Microblading?
There is no downtime for Microblading, however, the area may be red and slightly swollen and tender like a sunburn. We do recommend taking it easy after your appointment; Microblading is not a quick fix and you have to be prepared for the 3-4 week healing process.
What is the healing process like?
The healing process is different for everyone, but one thing that is required for absolutely everyone is that you absolutely not touch your eyebrows with water, makeup, sunscreen, or basically anything else at all, for 3-4 weeks, unless directed otherwise by your Microblading Artist, or Doctor.
What will I look like while I’m healing?
Again, this is different for everyone, but it generally goes something like this:
- Days 1-3: “I absolutely love my eyebrows, they are amazing!!!”
- Days 4-12: “My eyebrows are getting really dark…” “Holy crap, they’re way too dark, what the hell did I do?!”
- Days 13-18: “Wait, now I have no eyebrows… where did they go?”
- Days 18-28: “Ooooooh. Now I see them… These things look amazing!! I can’t wait for my Touch-Up next week!”
Are there any contraindications with Microblading?
Generally, if you’re unsure, we always recommend speaking with your Doctor. However, we do not recommend Microblading if you have the following conditions:
- Pregnant or Breastfeeding
- Excessively Oily or Acne-prone skin
- Overly sensitive skin
- Allergies to topical Anaesthetics
- Keloid scarring, or Keratosis
- Facial Psoriasis or Eczema
- Blood Diseases or High Blood Pressure
- Skin Diseases in the eyebrow area
- Blood Clotting Disorders
- + Many more…
For these, and many more reasons, we require a free consultation, prior to the procedure.
For pictures of the Microblading at Otto + Grand please visit www.instagram.com/catvisokay_og